Having big eyes is all the rage right now, and many people are looking for ways to make their eyes look bigger. Unfortunately, while a few surgical options are available, they can be expensive and come with risks. There are, however, a number of simple tricks you can use to make your eyes appear larger. Keep reading to learn more!
Make your eyes look bigger: ways to make them pop
One of the most common concerns when it comes to beauty is how to make your eyes look bigger. After all, who doesn’t want a bright, open gaze? Luckily, you can use plenty of tricks to fake a wider, more awake look — no surgery required.
To start, one of the easiest things you can do is apply white eyeliner to your waterline (the inner rim of your eye). This will instantly make your eyes look bigger and brighter. Another liner trick? Tight-lining your upper lash line with a dark pencil or gel liner. This creates the illusion of thicker lashes and makes your eyes appear slightly larger.
If you want to make, your eyes pop, reach for false lashes. Individual lashes are a great option if you’re new to falsies, as they’re much easier to apply than strip lashes. Just be sure to use lash glue that dries clear, and apply the lashes as close to your natural lash line as possible.
Finally, don’t forget about mascara! Curling your lashes before applying mascara will open your eyes, while a lengthening or volumizing formula will give you an extra boost. And if you want to go for it, try layering different mascaras — one coat of a lengthening formula followed by a coat of a volumizing one — for even more dramatic results.
So there you have it: some simple, effective ways to make your eyes look bigger and brighter. Give them a try and see for yourself!
Easy ways to get the illusion of large eyes
One of the most common questions we get asked here at Makeup.com is how to make eyes look bigger. Most people think that the only way to achieve this is through surgery, but there are a lot of different ways to make your eyes appear larger and more open. Whether you have small eyes or want to enhance your natural features, these seven tips will help you fake a wider gaze.
- Start with a clean base. When faking bigger eyes, one of the most important things you can do is start with a clean face. Be sure to remove any excess oil or makeup from your lids so that your eye makeup will go smoothly and evenly. This will also help prevent creasing and ensure that your eyeshadow lasts all day.
- Use a light-colored eyeshadow on your lids. You want to use a light-colored eyeshadow on your lids to create the illusion of bigger eyes. This will help make your eyes appear wider and more open. Opt for a shade close to your skin tone, or go one or two shades lighter. Then, apply the shadow from your lash line to just above your crease, making sure to blend well.
- Highlight the inner corners of your eyes. Another trick for making eyes look bigger is to highlight the inner corners of your eyes. This will help brighten up the area and make your eyes appear wider awake. Use a light-colored eyeshadow or white eyeliner to achieve this look.
- Line your lower lash line. Lining your lower lash line is another great way to make your eyes look bigger. This will help define your eyes and make them appear more open. First, use a dark-colored eyeliner pencil or gel liner to line your lower lash line, staying as close to the lashes as possible. Then, use a smudger brush or cotton swab to blend the liner for a softer look.
- Curl your lashes. Curling your lashes is one of the best ways to make your eyes look bigger. This simple trick will help open up your eyes and make them appear wider and more awake. Be sure to curl your lashes before applying mascara to get the best results.
- Apply mascara to your top and bottom lashes. Applying mascara to your top and bottom lashes is another great way to make your eyes look bigger. This will help define your eyes and make them appear more open. Start by applying mascara to your top lashes, wiggling the wand back and forth. Then, apply mascara to your bottom lashes, careful not to get any on your skin.
- Use false eyelashes. If you want to make your eyes pop, then using false eyelashes is the way to go. This will give you the biggest and most dramatic effect, making your eyes look wider and more open. There are various false eyelashes to choose from, so be sure to pick a style that best suits your needs.
There you have it! These seven tips will help you fake bigger and more open eyes. Just remember to start with a clean base, use light-colored eyeshadows on your lids, and highlight the inner corners of your eyes. Then, line your lower lash line, curl your lashes, and apply mascara to your top and bottom lashes. Finally, finish the look with a pair of false eyelashes for the ultimate dramatic effect.